A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Anticoagulant rodenticides poisoning
Anticoagulant rodenticides are poisons used to kill rats. Rodenticide means rodent killer. An anticoagulant is a blood thinner.
Anticoagulant rodenticide poisoning occurs when someone swallows a product containing these chemicals.
This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
- Blood in the urine
- Bloody stools
- Bruising and bleeding under the skin
- Confusion, lethargy, or altered mental status from bleeding in the brain
- Low blood pressure
- Pale skin
- Vomiting blood
Death may occur as late as 2 weeks after the poisoning as a result of bleeding. However, adequate treatment usually prevents any serious complications.